Thursday, April 2, 2015

Week 5 Post 1

 I AM VERY EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE HAVE FINALLY FINISHED THE SCRIPT. It was scary to tell my partner that I pulled a jerk-move and changed the plot, characters, and basically everything without her permission. BUT, I cannot write about an abusive relationship. I have no motivation to do so. SO, I wrote about something I am VERY passionate about! LGBTQ+ stuff! And, I am really proud of what I came up with. I found the actors to play the roles and I will be playing Julia. I got permission to use a song that fits perfectly with what we want to do, and we have filming dates planned and everything planned out and i'm very excited.






 THIS IS THE FINAL SCRIPT:


opening: pulling teeth song while she is in her pajamas waking up getting out of bed, she sits at her desk and writes our names and stuff on a letter,

monologue internally while kit is getting dressed: Julia Edwards, her teeth are crooked,   her breath always smells like soup, and the size of her backpack makes 6th graders look normal. I’m totally into it.   She isn’t completely horrible.
There are some things I like about Julia, for instance, she’s a girl. And one time she touched my arm by accident in fifth period and I peed my pants a little but it didn't even bother me. And if that isn’t romance, I don’t know what is.

You see, i'm gay. You know, queer. A lipstick lesbian. And Julia, she's straight. You know, hetero. You know, plays for the other team? I mentioned that her breath smelled like soup, right? Well, Her hair smells like chicken. I don’t know what kind of shampoo and toothpaste she uses, but my guess is that they’re edible. And if I were to lay on a couch with her, watching some cheesy chick flick, I’d probably end up with some chicken soup, if you know what I mean.
So that’s what I call her, chicken soup. She probably calls me that weird lesbian who sits behind her in 5 th period, and if that’s true, well at least,   at least she calls me something.

Kit gets ready to walk out the door and tucks the letter under her bed: So, here I am, wondering if i'm ever going to get the courage to give her this dumb love letter.


-switch to hallway scene-
Wes: You just have to be straight up with her.
Kit: I’m gay
Wes: Thank you
Kit: I just need a way to be like “hey you’re pretty!” but I need to let her know I mean it in like, a gay way.
Wes: I got it! Say “wow you look so pretty today!” then be like “no homo. just kidding, super homo!”
Kit: Next time you have an idea, think about the idea, consider if it is worth saying, and then even if you think it is worth saying, don’t say it.
Wes: You’re such a supportive friend
Kit: How'd your day go? Your lipstick is powerful enough to lead an army by the way
Wes: Uh, I’m okay. Some dude shoved me in the halls and called me a fag for wearing lipstick
Kit: What'd you say?
Wes: does that cough thing ppl do before they say something important
" YOURE JUST MAD CAUSE I LOOK BETTER IN LIPSTICK THAN YOUR GIRLFRIEND”
Kit:  I wish people would understand that just because you wear lipstick it doesn't mean your gay. You just look awesome.
Wes: Dude, it's her.
Kit: Who?
Wes: *whispers* Chicken Soup
Kit: Oh SnAPPLE
*approaches julia*
Kit: Julia! Do you have the notes? I wasn’t paying attention
Julia: Uh, yeah, I gotta meet someone for lunch though, can I give them to you tomorrow?
Wes: Why don’t you just text them to her?
Julia: Oh yeah. Here, type your info in! hands kit her phone
Kit gives wes a look
Kit: There ya go, I wrote kit kat as my name because my name is Kit, and I really like kit kats
Julia: I know
Kit: You know?
Julia: Yeah, you always leave the wrappers on the floor
Kit: oh, right, right. *awkward and somewhat staring at julia*
Wes: Well anyway, see ya later Julia starts to walk away
Julia: bye!
Kit: WES! what the heck did you make us leave for? We were totally having a moment
Wes: You were staring and you needed to seem cool and casual, and dude, clean up your wrappers! She’s a neat freak, there’s no way she’s into that!
Kit: Are you kidding? Did you see the size of her backpack? She probably has a vacumn cleaner in there. We’re perfect for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment